Valley of Chrome
Valley of Chrome is a Filipino metalcore band from Laguna, Philippines formed in 2000, with influences like In Flames, Atreyu, Shadows Fall, Iron Maiden, Killswitch Engage, old Metallica and Guns N’ Roses. The name of the band was derived from Cypress Hill’s song “Valley of Chrome” on the Skull and Bones album. They have released 3 EP’s “Beyond Definition” in 2001, “Transparent” in 2002 and “Anthems for the Sell-out Youth” in 2003. After being signed to Viva Records in 2004, the band released their first full-length album “Love and Devotion” and toured alongside Chicosci and Typecast all over the Philippines as they promoted their album.
In 2007, they released their sophomore album “Never the Lifeless” under Tower of Doom Records. That same year, the band has also opened for Shadows Fall’s Manila tour. In 2010, , alongside with Slapshock, they will be supporting Trivium’s “My Heavy Metal Valentine’s” Live in Manila.
- Formerly known as: Batch 98
- Origin: Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines
- Genres: Metalcore
- Years active: 2000-present
- Labels: Tower of Doom Records, Viva records
- Associated acts: Cog
- Website: http://www.rakista.com/valleyofchrome
- Rogel Africa – vocals
- Jett Mendoza – guitars
- Tatel Marcelino – guitars
- Jordan Constantino – bass
- Voltaire Del Rosario – drums
- Love and Devotion (2004)
- Never the Lifeless (2007)
- Beyond Definition (2001)
- Transparent (2002)
- Anthems for the Sell-out Youth (2003)
- Pulp Summer Slam 3 Compilation (2003)
- Tower of Doom Compilation (2006)
~ by molco on April 29, 2009.